General Policies for Reserving iPads
- iPad carts are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can be made by College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) faculty through the Teaching Resources Center at email@example.com or through Fritz Schindler at firstname.lastname@example.org. *Please include course prefix and location when making reservations.
- Full iPad carts (30) can only be used in Peters Hall and should be picked up from Fritz in Peters C145. If you do not teach in Peters Hall and are interested in using the iPads please contact Meghan Viet or see the Cruzer section below.
- Free apps can be added by request – one week notice is required when requesting installation of apps. Submit free app installation requests to email@example.com.
- iPads from the carts will not check out individually to students or faculty.
- Same-day reservations are strongly discouraged.
Cruzer Checkout Procedures
- The TRC has 2 rolling Cruzer carts that hold 10 iPads and chargers each.
- The Cruzers can be used outside of Peters Hall and are currently the only option for classes held in other buildings.
- The Cruzer can also be used in Peters Hall when CEHD faculty need 10 or fewer iPads for class. This allows us to keep the remainder of the cart available for other faculty/classes.
Picking Up / Returning the iPads
- You can go directly to C145 to pick up the iPad cart or Cruzer. If C145 is closed or if Fritz is unavailable, please come to the TRC to get a staff person.
- Fritz will come speak to your class the first time you reserve the iPads. He will go over the basics of caring for and using the iPads with you and your students. Please plan on this taking about five minutes at the beginning of class. If your class begins after 5 p.m., please make arrangements to meet with Fritz before your class so that he can give you information to share with your students.
- When returning the cart or Cruzer, please make sure that all iPads are placed back in the cart neatly and in the correct order. Each iPad is numbered and labeled.
- If returning the iPads after 5 p.m., please come down or send a student to the TRC to let us know that we need to let you in C145.
- iPad carts/Cruzers must be returned before the TRC closes each evening.
Follow us on