There are a number of specialty services offered by Radford University's Student Health Center including the following:
We will administer allergy shots using the antigen/instructions supplied by your allergist. You must wait at the health center for 20 minutes following your injection. This service is offered fourdays a week by appointment only. The fee for this service ranges from $5.00 to $15.00 per vaccine.
Each fall when the vaccine becomes available, Student Heath Services offers flu shots for interested students, faculty and staff for a minimal fee. This is a walk-in service. Patients must wait in the Student Health Center for 20 minutes after the injection.
Each vaccine will be $12.00
We provide preventative immunization services including: influenza (flu), Hepatitis B, Gardisil (HPV), meningitis, and tetanus vaccinations.
Free Walk-in HIV & STI Testing
Free and Confidential Oral HIV Antibody Testing is available at Student Health!
- Second and fourth Thursday of each month, 9am - 4:30pm, Fall & Spring semesters
- "Walk-in" Testing, no appointment necessary
- Results for oral HIV in 20 minutes
- Sponsored by the Drop-In Center. Questions? Call #540-982-2437. For general questions about HIV/AIDS, visit the Centers for Disease Control to learn more about HIV/AIDS basics.
The following services are available by appointment:
- Routine annual GYN/pelvic exam, pap tests, and breast exams
- Birth control options including: DepoProvera, NuvaRing, and Birth Control pills
- Sexually transmitted infections - testing and treatment
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) testing
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Evaluation of abnormal pap smears and colposcopy
- Referrals to outside specialists
- Gardisil (HPV) vaccine available
- Plan First: A free family planning insurance for men and women
Emergency contraceptives (morning-after pill)
Emergency contraception is also known as the morning-after pill, emergency birth control, backup birth control, and by the brand names Plan B and Next Choice. It is not carried at Student Health, but is available at local pharmacies. For more information about emergency contraception, please visit The Emergency Contraception Website.
To obtain Plan B or the generic brand, Next Choice, go to a pharmacy, there is no age restriction on emergency contraception and no prescription required.
|Details for local pharmacies|
|Walmart||$52.84 Plan B||Available during hours of operation|
$49.99 Plan B
$39.99 Next Choice
|Available during hours of operation|
|Planned Parenthood||$25.00 Next Choice||Available by walk-in, during hours of operation|
|Health Department||Sliding scale based on income - Plan B
If you do not make an income, your fee will be minimal to none. However, in order to obtain Plan B, you must be a patient with the Health Department.
To make an appointment to become a patient, call the office.