Radford University Student Health Services does not provide after-hours emergency services. Students with urgent health needs should utilize the following services:
For Serious Medical Issues
- Call 911
For Emergency Room Services
- Carilion NRV Medical Center Emergency Department at 731-2000, located at 2900 Lamb Cir 320, Christiansburg
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery at 951-1111, located at 3700 S. Main Street, Blacksburg
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski at 994-8100, located at 2400 Lee Highway, Pulaski
For Non-Emergency Urgent Care Services
- Contact the CVS Minute Clinic at 731-9534, located at 31 W. Main St., Radford
- Contact Carilion Velocity Care at 382-6000, located at 434 Peppers Ferry Rd NW, Christiansburg
- Contact Carilion Velocity Care at 540-961-8040, 215 Gilbert Street, Blacksburg
- Contact Med Express at 381-2745, 100 Spradlin Farm Dr, Christiansburg
For Medical Advice and Assistance
- For non-life threatening related health questions, call FONEMED, the 24-hour, 7 days a week, toll free number to speak to a registered nurse at 1-866-205-2164.
Disclaimer: FONEMED’s average wait/callback time to speak with a nurse is 12 minutes; calls are prioritized based on symptoms. This service is not intended for use in the event of a life threatening injury. FoneMed is intended to be a “triage” service for recommendations regarding; over the counter medications, symptom relief, and advice on whether or not to seek medical attention for non-severe symptoms.