How can I become a member?
To become a member in a Greek organization at Radford University, students must participate in the recruitment/intake process. The recruitment/intake process is different for each Greek council. Contact each council individually to learn more about the respective processes.
Sorority Fall Recruitment 2012 FAQ
- When is Fall Recruitment? Recruitment started September 10, 2012, and will last until the end of the semester.
- I heard I have to sign up - where do I do that? You do not have to sign up for Fall Recruitment. You need to contact the sorority that you are interested in to get further information about interest parties and events.
- What are the qualifications for joining a sorority? You must have completed one full academic term at RU with at least 12 passing credits; you mut have a cumulative GPA of 2.5; and you must complete an intent card, available in the Greek Life Office. You may not have been an initiated member of a National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) group.
- I just transferred to Radford; may I participate in Fall Recruitment? Yes you can! As long as you provide a copy of your transcript that shows you have at least 12 passing credits from your previous college/university and a cumulative GPA of 2.5. You also need to complete an intent card (available in the Greek Life Office).
- To whom do I give my transcript? Turn in your transcript to Robert Marias, Assistant Director for Greek Life, in the Student Activities suite, Bonnie 225. Do NOT turn your transcript in at the Greek Life Office!
Is there a minimum cumulative G.P.A. requirement to become a member?
Yes. Students must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above to go through recruitment.
Can first semester freshmen become members of Greek chapters?
No. Radford University has a deferred recruitment/intake process; hence, freshmen must wait until the Spring semester to go through the recruitment/intake process.
How many Greek organizations are at Radford University?
There are twenty-one fraternities and sororities.
What are the benefits of joining a Greek organization?
Members of Greek organizations are part of an international network of brothers/sisters! They share a common bond of meaningful ideals, rituals, and principles. Membership is also an avenue for service, scholastic support, and leadership experiences.
What is a "recognized Greek organization"?
These are the twenty-one Greek organizations that are affiliated with Radford University. All recognized Greek organizations at Radford University are committed to scholastic achievement, service, leadership, and friendship. The organizations in the three councils should not be confused with the "off campus"/unrecognized groups.
Greek Life Office
Hurlburt Student Center, suite 205
P.O. Box 6895
Radford, VA 24142