The climbing wall is located in Peters Hall and is open Monday - Thursday from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Climbing wall rates
|Students with RU ID||FREE|
|Faculty and Staff||Semester pass
Climbing wall rules
- All climbers must check in and show RUID and belay card to wall monitor on duty prior to climbing or bouldering.
- All belayers must pass the skills test and have a current belay card.
- All climbers must have signed a "Waiver of Liability" on file.
- Closed-toed shoes must be worn on the climbing wall.
- Boulderers must not climb above the designated bouldering height without being tied in.
- Bouderers will not climb underneath a climber at any time.
- Only top-roped climbing is allowed unless otherwise permitted by the climbing wall monitor. No ascending, transfers, etc. without approval and proper supervision.
- Inform a climbing wall operator of loose holds.
- No food or drinks allowed in the climbing wall area (blue carpeted area).
- Decisions made by the supervisor are final and must be followed without hesitation. Failure to follow these decisions may jeopardize your climbing wall privileges.
- Belayers must use the current belay devices provided at the wall.
- All injuries and/or incidents must be reported to the climbing wall monitor.
- No loose chalk - only chalk balls are allowed on the climbing wall.
More wall information
First visit to the climbing wall is free for all visitors!
For more information or to obtain Staff/Faculty or Non-Member passes, please visit the Campus Recreation office in Hurlburt 121 or call 831-5369. For information on group rates, please contact Campus Recreation at 831-5369.