Tips for avoiding Honor Code violations
Below are useful tips to avoid violating the honor code's standards of student academic integrity.
- Do not procrastinate! Start studying early on so that you will be prepared for tests and quizes.
- Adopt good time management skills.
- Clarify with instructors that it is either okay or not okay to study in groups and work in groups. Many students find themselves charged with an honor code violation because of unauthorized collaboration.
- Become well versed in citation styles.
- Cite all information that you used from sources. Remember that this includes both an end note, work cited page, and possiblly quotation marks. Any information that was taken from a source must be cited, with no exceptions. The only information that does not have to be cited is information that would be considered "common knowledge" (i.e. the sky is blue). If in doubt, cite.