Student Government Association
September 19, 2011
Call Meeting to Order - 5:03 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes
President’s Report - Lee Hicks
- Board of Visitor’s Meeting
- The Board of Visitor’s meeting was productive and fruitful. Senior Megan Rhodes is a new student representative. Discussed were last year’s accomplishments and new plans for this year.
Executive Vice President - Emily Redd
- Retreat – is this Saturday, the 24th, in Young 306 from 12-6 p.m. Lunch and dinner will be provided. Let VP Redd (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Secretary Edwards (email@example.com) know if you are unable to attend as soon as possible. Retreat is a mandatory event! The agenda will be sent out this week. The dress code is casual, but please look nice.
- Forum – parking services member, Administration personnel, RUPD, RCPD, the Dean and any student who wish to attend will be at the forum for parking on and around campus. The set date and time will be announced soon.
Legislative Vice President - Justin Blankenship
- Elections begin tomorrow, Tuesday, September 20th, and will end Wednesday at 4 p.m. in the Bonnie Food Court area. The party is not a mandatory event, but it would be nice to have high attendance. Cupcakes will be provided, and the party should last no longer than 45 minutes.
Vice President of Student Finance - Nicole Munsey
- No Report
Chief of Staff Report - Randi-Lyn Randal
- Cabinet/Staff interviews will be this week.
Cabinet and Staff Reports
Diversity of Promotions Coordinator - Tim Kennedy
- Parking – same as VP Redd’s report about the upcoming forum. VP Redd suggested the creation of a committee once there is a full Senate. Changes among which parking lots are Faculty/Staff lots and which are Commuter Student lots have caused conflict. There is proving to be very little point in commuting student purchasing parking passes for campus due to the lack of parking availability. It was suggested that the forum be advertised to commuting students by putting informational flyers on their cars.
Old Business – none
New Business – none
- The Writing Enhancement Committee needs a representative, specifically a freshman. Dean Appiarius elaborated the facts that this committee is vital to strengthening the university’s reputation, will provide university affirmation, smoth operation, and the overall accreditation of the school. Students’ participation is crucial. Email President Hicks (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if you are interested or would like more information.
- Names and Student ID numbers were taken for access to Young for Retreat. If you were absent and plan on attending Retreat, please email VP Redd (email@example.com) your Student ID number to be granted access to Young.
Adjournment – 5:26 p.m.