Student Government Association
September 12, 2011
Call to Order - 5:01 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes – Passed
President’s Report - Lee Hicks
- Redskins won! There is an SGA list serve in addition to the Student List Serve.
Executive Vice President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Retreat – Still awaiting the signature of K. Bonk for approval of funds for food. Again, two meals will be provided. The question was asked if participants could bring food in addition to that which will be provided. – That is allowed.
- Ring Ceremony – Outstanding Parents essays will be overlooked and decided upon beforehand.
Legislative Vice President’s Report - Justin Blankenship
- Elections will be next Tuesday and Wednesday. We are still awaiting a few applications. An email will be sent out in reference to the electoral meeting. This week is
Vice President of Student Finance’s Report - Nicole Munsey
- First meeting was today. We are looking for additional members for the Committee. Meetings are on Mondays from 3-5. If interested, please contact Nicole Munsey. The committee decides on all of the budgets for the school – total is roughly 1 million.
Chief of Staff Report - Rand-Lyn Randall
- Cab staff meeting – Wednesday at 6 in the SGA office.
- Experience Business Casually Volunteers – 10-20 volunteers are needed to help set up and tear down on Friday from 9-11am and 2-4 p.m.. Any time will be appreciated. It is recommended that you attend.
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Justin Blankenship – Parking meeting in the SGA office at 12 on Tuesday. We may create a committee to make change because it is an evident issue for students. A student has been documenting the parking situation daily.
- Zach McCoy – Zach is going to Richmond for VA 21 this weekend and is looking for accompaniment.
- Emily Redd – may organize a visit from Parking Services to hear complaints directly from those affected.
Adjournment – 5:15 p.m.