Student Government Association
November 7, 2011
Call to Order – 5:05 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes – approved
Gallery Addresses the Body – none
President’s Report - Lee Hicks
- BOV – The Board of Visitors will be meeting this Wednesday in Roanoke for the last time until February. President Hicks will try to be in attendance.
Executive Vice President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Forum Question Table – The forum will be held on Thursday, December 1 at 5 p.m. in the Bonnie Auditorium. This will be a MANDATORY event. There will be a table set up in the Bonnie next Tuesday-Thursday from 12-3 p.m. for the collection of questions for the forum.
- Parking Committee will meet after the meeting.
Legislative Vice President’s Report - Justin Blankenship
- Don’t forget to vote tomorrow!
Vice President of Student Finance’s Report - Nicole Munsey
- Dance Department Request – to be discussed in New Business
- $2,319.81 is requested to be taken from the dance Department reserve for costumes for the Evening of Ballet and the Nutcracker Performance.
Chief of Staff’s Report - Randi-Lyn Randall
- Budget is $19,000.
- A thank-you card will be in the office for members to sign this week.
- Senator Dorr
- Occupy___Movement Panel – more to come
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Senator Blumberg
- Vote on Demonstration Areas/Student Expression Policy Changes/Additions – Discussion and debate was held concerning these changes. Voted – PASSED
- Senator Lawrence
- Proposal – $150 – Nov. 30 at 7 p.m. in the Bonnie Auditorium will be the Internship Awareness event. $150 will go towards a small reception for the event. – untabled and PASSED
- Senator Dorr
- RUEMS – $2,000 for digital radios – deferred to VP Munsey due to the nature of the request – One Time Request from SFC
- VP Redd
- Asking up to $100 for Pizza for the Forum – tabled until next week
- Suspend Robert’s Rules – suspended
- VP Munsey
- Dance Department Request – (see #8, Vp Munsey’s Report) – voted, PASSED
- Reinstate Robert’s Rules – reinstated
- Thanksgiving Luncheon Sign-Up Reminder – there is a sign-up sheet for members to state what they will be bringing to the Thanksgiving Luncheon. Also, please get $2 to Chris Puddy for this purpose. This is THIS SUNDAY AT 3 p.m.!
- Coordinator Puerto – “Dread the Red” is gone. There may be a t-shirt and slogan competition held, but it must be in time to have shirts ready by baseball season. There is still an issue with the decision on Homecoming – will be informed for sure later on. There is no longer a scholarship.
- Anything for the Weekly Update should be sent to Director Paoletti (email@example.com)
Adjournment – 6:04 p.m.