Student Government Association
March 12, 2012
Call to Order - 5:07 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes
Gallery Addresses the Body
- President Kyle
- Joint Commission
- Will not have a budget as of July 1 of this year if one is not set (deals with how much money Radford will get; need for planning of a new building) tied up with legislature. We need a budget passed before the next meeting. This will have an overall effect on tuition.
- Fitness and Wellness in the works
- Looking to having buildings labeled
- Moffet will reopen in the summer
- Non-Greek Student meeting march 20 from 5-5:50 in room 210 of the Bonnie
- Will ask questions and listen to what you have to say to give a report good/bad/ugly/ of Greek life, to give recommendations of how the campus can change things
President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Will be absent for the next couple of days/weeks due to personal things
- Applications due the 16th
- 8 a.m. can be anywhere from 45mins-2 hrs. Justin is offering rides
- New York Conference
- Good experience, not great conference. Looking into going to others.
- Leadership conference
- March 24 looking into making mandatory. And that evening is the banquet (need tickets).
- Goals as of February 27
- Binders (in a vote of 11-12) will be made for each incoming member
- Sheet was passed around with the rest
- After next week’s meeting there will be a mandatory SGA dinner in the office
- DMV to Go
- Flyer was passed around
Executive Vice President Report - Brittni Hammond
Legislative Vice President’s Report - Justin Blankenship
- Need to fill out a doodle!
Vice President of Student Finance’s Report - Nicole Munsey
Chief of Staff’s Report - Randi-Lyn Randall
- Senator Shifflett
- Substance Abuse Forum
- Still looking into a date; will probably be in Heth due to full booking in the Bonnie
- Senator Blumberg
- Student Appreciation Day
- Sheet was passed around for SAP; Wednesday 3/21/12
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Coordinator Wampler
- Blood Drive
- April 19 part of the three-day drive; goal is 45 pints
- Relay for Life
- If you do not want to participate, send an email to exec. April 13. Statewide raffle tickets for 2 2012 cars. $5 a ticket, see Brittni
- Blood Drive
- Suspend Robert’s Rules (Moved, Seconded, Approved)
- Move to approve up to $3,500 dollars for Radford gear (Approved)
- Reinstate Robert’s Rules (Moved, Seconded, Approved)
Adjournment - 6:25 p.m.