January 23, 2012
Student Government Association
January 23, 2012
Call to Order – 5:10 p.m.
Approval of the Minutes – Approved
Gallery Addresses the Body
- Dr. Shanley – Welcomes SGA senators and cab staff back for the new semester and encouraged everyone to get involved.
President’s Report - Emily Redd
- Office hours- sheet was passed around again for those who hadn’t yet signed up and they started today.
- Budget- There’s still a large supply budget left. If you have suggestions about things for the office such as folders and/or promotional items please let exec know.
- Ring Ceremony- Looking into making ring ceremony bigger. Signup sheet was passed around for those who want to be a part of the committee.
- Goals and Objectives- a list of goals and objectives for those who weren’t at retreat will be handed out. Slideshow about goals.
- Spirit Rock- To get people more involved in what’s going on. Trying to get the rock moved back to campus allowing student involvement. Trying to put toward the back of the Bonnie lawn, still in discussion. Also looking into Sound Boards or something else for all organizations. Signup sheet was passed around.
- Attendance- There will be an online attendance sheet where everyone can see whether or not you’re coming to events. This will help with peer accountability
- Make-up retreat- Will be next Monday after SGA
Executive Vice President Report - Zach McCoy
- Advocacy Day Announcement - mail was sent out for training dates. Shirt size sheet was passed around. If for whatever reason you cannot attend training email Zach ASAP.
Legislative Vice President’s Report - Justin Blankenship
- Student Appreciate Day-
- February 15th from 11-3, signup sheet was passed around.
- Campaigning will be mandatory and voting will start earlier next semester. Looking into giving incentives for voting to get more people involved.
Vice President of Student Finance’s Report - Nicole Munsey
- Meetings - Has a class during S.G.A meetings, though someone will come and speak on her behalf and she will continue as Vice President of Student Finance
Chief of Staff’s Report - Randi-Lyn Randall
- D2L- Use D2L for everything now i.e. proposals and funding requests must be added to drop box.
- Surveys- Any surveys done must be turned in to Randi-Lyn.
- FYC- Is most likely going to be cut.
- New York Conference- All applications are due by next week. The trip is March 2nd-March 4th.
- Business Cards- Looking into getting basic business cards for every member.
- RU Involved- If you get an invite, accept it please.
- Bios- All bios must be done for the website and turned into Nancy White
- Binders- Members will be required to start making binders describing their duties in their positions to help incoming members.
- Kate Wampler
- Thank Cards - Cards were sent around and signed to thank the speakers at the retreat.
- Charles Midkiff
- USA Today - Looking into prices and want to start the free trial sometime in February.
Cabinet and Staff Reports
- Brittni Hammond
- Homecoming - February 24th at 8 p.m., must stay the whole time. Mandatory. Will feature Build-A-Bear, T-shirts, etc.
- Relay for Life - Mandatory event, must sign up within the next two weeks. $10 fee. Do not have to stay all night but must stay at least 3 hours.
- Suspend Robert’s Rules (Tabled, Approved, moved to next week.)
- Approve the following candidates for the position listed
- Zach McCoy- Executive Vice President
- Karisa Loy- Senior Class Senator
- Claire Hathaway- Freshman Class
- Rebecca Pinksy- At Large Senator
- Diana Bates – On Campus Senator
- Tim Kennedy
- Meeting with CEP tomorrow about speaker. Will be held February 22nd at 7 p.m. and will be required to attend.
- Justin Blankenship
- Needs someone to cover a shift email for more information.
Adjournment – 6:25 p.m.