Student Government Association
February 27, 2012
Call to Order
Approval of the Minutes
Gallery Addresses the Body
- Lisa Ridpath
- PowerPoint showing distribution of funds was shown.
- Suspend Robert’s Rules (Motioned, Approved, Seconded)
- Approve up to $150 for election booths (piping) (Approved)
- Being set up in The Bonnie (2), Muse, and Dalton; Pipe Joints
- Approve up to $175 for fabric for booths (Approved)
- Sign up for Relay!
- Four Square in the Bonnie, register to play
- Thanks for help on SGA Feud
- April 21 Clean With the Dean 8 a.m.; Highlander Day as well
- Mid Semester Evaluations
- Individual sheets were passed around to evaluate exec board.
- Round Table Discussion - Don Appiarius
- Why did you join SGA?
- Helping others
- Wanting to make a difference/mark
- Wanting to change things
- Met someone in SGA
- Bad roommate
- Resume builder
- SGA was very welcome
- Competitive Nature
- Friends were easily made
- SGA’S Purpose/Mission: To be the voice of our constituents; advocate for the student body and represent the University to administration on a student level; to educate. We also program (should) to gain student input.
- Are we fulfilling this?
- No. Not attending meetings, not representational, no accountability (all white),
- Everything we do should relate back to mission.
- How to fix it
- Relationship building
- Self accountability (if you don’t hold yourself accountable, it doesn’t mean anything.)
- Wanting to start Senate meetings and have packets that describe how to start a proposal, where to go.
- Starting group senate forums, one has an idea and 2 or 3 others help.
- Hold more group activities to get people connected as a family
- Reinstatement of Robert’s Rules
Adjournment - 6:56 p.m.