Students who wish to pursue status as Scholar-Citizens or Scholar-Citizen Fellows must apply by filling out the Scholar-Citizen application and joining the Scholar-Citizen Student Organization.
Criteria to Graduate as a Scholar-Citizen
Students who successfully complete a minimum set of academic and co-curricular experiences will graduate with status as “Scholar-Citizens”.
To graduate as a Scholar-Citizen, students must:
- Meet and maintain the following minimum GPA benchmarks, which vary depending upon when the student enters the program:
- Entering Freshmen – 2.00
- Sophomore – 2.25
- Junior – 2.50
- Maintain a B average or better in Scholar-Citizen courses
- Develop and maintain an Scholar-Citizen ePortfolio
- Join the Scholar-Citizen Student Club
- Agree to log volunteer and civic engagement hours using RUInvolved
- Attend two Tier 1 Broadly Targeted Co-Curriculars per semester enrolled in the program and complete ePortfolio reflections to document attendance
- Complete one Tier 2 Intensive Co-Curricular and complete an ePortfolio reflection
- Complete two SCI Courses or Course Projects with a B or higher in the associated course
- Complete two Community Engagement Experiences amounting to a minimum of 10 hours of community service
- Community service hours must be documented on the RUinvolved website.
- Must complete a reflection for each of the two experiences on D2L shell
- Complete one Final Capstone Reflection: Student reviews the reflections recorded in their D2L e-portfolio and writes one final reflection about their overall experience with the SCI.
Criteria to Graduate as a Scholar-Citizen Fellow
Students who graduate having met all of the “Scholar-Citizen” requirements plus an additional set of intense experiences will graduate as “Scholar-Citizen Fellows.” Criteria for graduating as a Scholar-Citizen Fellow:
- Complete all requirements necessary to graduate a Scholar Citizen
- Facilitate one discussion associated with a Co-Curricular
- Mentor one new SCF-track student
- Design and complete one Tier 3 SCF Intensive Capstone Experience in one of the following areas:
- Leadership (may intersect with LEAD Scholars project/program)
- Applied Research (may intersect with OURS or Honors)
- Public Service