Substance Abuse and Violence Education Support (SAVES) offers several programs and services to aid and educate the Radford University community in areas such as substance abuse, sexual assault, dating violence and other student health issues.
Programs and Services
- RU Aware. Education and counseling for Radford University drug and alcohol policy violators.
- SHAC/Peer Educators. The Student Health Awareness Club (SHAC) Peer Educators is a group of students dedicated to raising awarenss about student health issues that sponsors campus-wide awareness events and educational programs. SAVES advises and supports the students in peer educators.
- Educational resources. Relative to the topics of substance abuse, sexual assault, dating violence and other student health issues.
- LiveWell. LiveWell is an ongoing media campaign dedicated to fostering a healthy campus community.
- Step Up! Bystander Intervention. The Step Up program is designed to teach students the strategies and techniques to intervene directly or indirectly in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Counseling for students dealing with issues surrounding sexual and dating violence and/or substance abuse.
- Advocacy and support for sexual violence victims.
- Consultants for students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Presentations and trainings for the Radford University community on substance abuse and sexual violence issues.