Volunteer databases and listing
- On-going Volunteer Opportunities - These are local organizations that typically have on-going volunteer opportunities for RU students.
- Listing of Local Community Agencies - List of local and regional agencies and organizations that may have volunteer and internship opportunities as needed.
- Volunteer NRV - This site hosted by the United Way of the NRV offers a number of volunteer opportunities in Floyd, Giles, Montgomery, and Pulaski counties and the City of Radford.
- Volunteer, Internship, and Job Database - Radford University's Career Service’s Hire-a-Highlander database includes a number of service and volunteer jobs.
Service Learning Opportunities
These opportunities typically involve work with a faculty member allowing for more intentional service and learning experiences.
- Appalachian Arts and Studies in the School - RU student mentors are paired with regional high school students identified by their teachers as "college-able, but not college-bound." Mentors visit students’ schools and host students on campus to help them learn about college life and about the culture of the Appalachian region.
- America Reads - Student tutors work 9-12 hours per week with individual children and supporting classroom teachers and activities. Activities include: tutoring in the classroom; tutoring in after-school programs; assisting teachers and students with classroom activities and homework. Contact Dr. Don Langrehr at email@example.com for more information.
- Also see some of the service learning courses Radford University offers where you can earn academic credit.