Faculty/Staff ID Cards
All faculty and staff should receive their ID card on their first day of employment during the new employee orientation.
In order to receive an RU Express card, you must be in the Human Resources database as an employee of Radford University.
The RU Express/ID Card is vital for all Radford University faculty and staff members and carries certain privileges and has various uses both on and off campus.
Uses for the RU Express card
- Official identification as a Radford University faculty or staff member
- Library card
- Faculty/staff meal plan access
- Computer lab access
- Admittance to some campus and athletic events
- Fitness center admittance
- Free rides on the RU Transit
Note: Some faculty or staff members may have access to building and offices on campus with limited door access.
Tips for caring for the RU Express card
- Keep your RU Express in a secure location
- Do not loan your RU Express to others
- Do not scratch the magnetic strip on the back of the card
- Do not punch holes in or bend the card