The RU Express ID card is the official identification card for Radford University. It is used for access to meal plans, to make purchases from vending and snack machines, for access to laundry facilities, as payment for printing in computer labs and also serves as a building key for all residence halls and several academic areas. In addition to these on-campus uses, there are off-campus merchants that accept the RU Express card as a method of payment for student convenience. Learn More »


Spring 2017 Meal Plans

If you will be housed on campus, your meal plan is automatically charged to your student account, along with tuition, fees and your room charge. You are classifed as a "resident" student and may choose one of three available meal plans. The RU Flex Plan is the default, but click on the meal plan link on the left side of the page to see which option might work best for you. Returning resident students will have the same meal plan they had for the Fall semester unless they initiate a change through the MyRU Portal.  PLEASE NOTE: The "on-campus meal plan change" link will not be available until Dec. 13, 2016. Changes to residents' meal plans must be done on that link and may be initiated free of charge PRIOR to the first day of classes. 

Changes made to any meal plan (resident or commuter) beginning the first day of classes will incur a $20 administrative fee and must be done in the RU Express Office in Heth Hall. Our business hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.  NO CHANGES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER Jan. 27, 2017.

Commuter students may choose between six available meal plans. Since commuters are not required to have a meal plan, the only way the cost can be added to the student's account is if there is an excess of financial aid available to cover the additional charge. To purchase a meal plan with excess financial aid, click on the forms link to the left, or under the Quick Links section below, and choose the "Off Campus Meal Plan Application." Complete that form and indicate payment type as "apply excess financial aid."

If the student or parent is enrolled in the QuikPay payment plan, the cost of a meal plan may be budgeted in, along with tuition and fees.   

Quick Links