IRB Submission Process Tutorials
We have provided an overview of the IRB process and self-paced tutorials to further aid you with completing your IRB training, and creating and submitting your initial IRB submission, as well as any follow-up submissions such as modifications and continuations.
We recommend reviewing these powerpoint presentations as guides for developing your IRB submission:
- IRB Submission Process for New Applicants PPT | PDF
- The IRB Process: An Overview (presented at Our Turn and classroom lectures) PPT
CITI Training Access Instructions Tutorials
CITI can be a little tricky to navigate, though their new "2.0" version promises to be more user-friendly.
For assistance, please see CITI's below Knowledge Base articles:
To Create an Account - New Learner Account Registration 2.0
To Add or Change Your Institution Affiliation - How to add/change your affiliated institution?
As you register with CITI, you will be prompted to select courses.
Below are the RU IRB course requirements:
- For all Faculty and Students conducting greater than minimal risk research - Social & Behavioral Resarch - Basic/Refresher, Basic Course.
- For Students only conducting minimal risk research - Students - Class projects, Basic Course
For more information, please go to the RU IRB Human Subjects Training webpage.
1. How to Create an Account in IRBNet: We have provided a brief tutorial along with screenshots to help you register with IRBNet, including creating a new username and password for your IRBNet account.
2. How to Use IRBNet: We highly recommend reviewing IRBNet's two brief tutorial videos before using the submission system. Both tutorials offer extensive information about navigating the IRBNet submission system.
To access the tutorials, please open the below instructions for access to the URL, username, and password to IRBNet's training resource site: