Commencement Dates and Deadlines

December 2017 Dates & Deadlines

Important Undergraduate and Graduate dates and deadlines that will affect the conferral of your degree (your graduation) are shown below.  It is your responsibility as a student to ensure that the deadlines shown here, in the undergraduate and graduate catalogs, on course syllabi, and other university websites are met.

TODAY: Undergraduate students, you should have already checked the online degree audit to ensure you have met your graduation requirements.

November 17, 2017: Graduate students: Thesis draft copy is due to the Graduate College Editor electronically for review.

December 8, 2017: Graduate students: All information pertaining to your academic record must be completed by this date.  This includes incomplete grade changes, program changes, comprehensive exam reports, and thesis defense reports.

December 14, 2017: Graduate Students: Electronic submission of final thesis/dissertation is due to the McConnell Library Repository.

December 15, 2017: Graduate Hooding and Commencement Ceremony

December 16, 2017: Commencement

January 30, 2017: All incomplete "I" grades for undergraduate students must be graded and submitted by faculty to the registrar's office. If your grade is not submitted, you will be deleted from graduation and will need to contact the Registrar's Office immediately.

January 30, 2017: All students: If you completed your final courses at another school with prior permission of Radford University, an OFFICIAL transcript that reflects successful completion of the course must be received by the Registrar's Office.  Also, ALL incomplete grades must be completed and delivered to the Registrar's office to be eligible for graduation.

 All transcripts must be mailed to the following address:

                Registrar's Office
                Radford University
                P.O. Box 6904
                Radford, VA 24142

Please note: Undergraduate transfer work must be completed with a grade of "C" or better and graduate student transfer coursework must be completed with a grade of "B" or better.