MUSC499. Undergraduate Thesis
Credit Hours (2).
Prerequisites: MUSC323 and 498
Formulation and writing of an extended paper on an appropriate topic relating to music history and literature. This course may serve as the final honors project in music. A minimum grade of "B" must be earned in order to receive credit toward completion of the Honors Program requirements.
Detailed Description of Content of Course
1. Submission of topic to director of thesis for approval.
2. Development of bibliography appropriate to the topic.
3. Development of increasingly detailed outlines for the project.
4. Submission of increasingly refined drafts of the project.
5. Submission of the final project.
6. Examination on the project.
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
The student meets privately with the director of the project for review of progress.
Goals and Objectives of the Course
Students are expected to gain and refine research skills in order to pursue doctoral study.
A final examination on the content and methodology of the thesis.
Other Course Information
Approval and Subsequent Reviews
DATE ACTION APPROVED BY
June 2006 Reviewed E. Fellin, Chairman