Exercise, Sport and Health Education 463
ESHE 463: Fieldwork in ESHE
Prerequisite: Completion of all required ESHE and HLTH courses and a minimum cumulative and major grade point average of 2.5. Students must have completed ESHE 363 and may not exceed 12 hours in ESHE 463.
Credit Hours: (3, 6, 9, or 12)
Course provides students opportunities to integrate previous course work with practical field experience.
Detailed Description of Content of Course
This course provides the student avenues for fieldwork experience including opportunities to: interview and network with professionals in the field; develop skills pertinent to employment expectations; develop an understanding of the relationship of course studies to the world of work; gain on-site experience in operations and procedures applicable to the selected field of employment.
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
Teaching methods may include one or more of the following:
- class presentation
- guest speakers
- fieldwork experience
Goals and Objectives of the Course
Upon successful completion of the course, students shall be able to:
1. Identify procedures and expectation for the specified ESHE experience.
2. Compute work logs and provide evidence of the successful completion of required work hours.
3. Demonstrate skills required for the performance of fieldwork tasks specific to the selected position.
4. Create a portfolio providing evidence that each fieldwork objective has been met.
5. Demonstrate presentation skills relative to a specific profession.
6. Write professional reports.
7. Demonstrate professional attitudes and dispositions.
8. Apply classroom knowledge to fields of practice.
Assessment measures may include one or more of the following:
- task performance evaluations
- agency evaluations
- midterm and final performance evaluations
- performance appraisals by faculty supervisor
- final paper
- portfolio assessment
Other Course Information
Review and Approval
Revised September, 2009