Exercise, Sport and Health Education 451
1. Catalog Entry
Credit hours (3)
Prerequisite: ESHE 450 or NUTR 304, and minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
The purpose of this course is to enable students to complete an independent research project.
2. Detailed Description of Course
The course will use project-based learning to assist students with the planning, data collection, analysis, and presentation of independent research. Students will use content from ESHE 450 or NUTR 304 to develop a research question and analyze the results.
3. Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
The course offers students a “capstone” experience in the proposed Allied Health Sciences major. Within the course, the instructor and students will develop a research question and design a research study to answer the question. Through this course, students will have the opportunity to showcase their ability to complete independent research and disseminate findings.
This course will be used as a guided elective rather than a required course in the major.
4. Goals and Objectives of the Course
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
1) Develop a research question.
2) Select an appropriate design and method to answer a research question.
3) Collect data.
4) Analyze and evaluate data.
5) Write the results and conclusions of the research project.
5. Assessment Measures
Assessment measures may include, but are not limited to:
2) Data analysis
3) Manuscript projects
6. Other Course Information
Review and Approval