Final grade rosters for Spring 2013 are now available in the Faculty and Advisor channel located in the Teaching tab of the MyRU portal. Final grades must be entered and saved by Monday, May 13th at 10:00 a.m. Below you will find information about entering final grades, last dates of attendance, a link to an online tutorial, and information about training.
1. Make sure that you select the Spring 2013 term when prompted to select a term. The default term is not currently Spring 2013, so you will need to change it.
2. Enter a grade for all students. Withdrawal and audit grades will already appear on your roster and cannot be changed. If you think a student has withdrawn from your class, but is still appearing as registered, assign the student a grade as though he/she did not withdraw.
3. If a student has been attending your class, but does not appear on your final grade roster, please contact the Registrar’s Office (831-5271).
4. If you give a student an incomplete grade, you will be prompted to fill out a short online Course Completion Contract form when you try to save your grades. This contract must be filled out and saved before your grades will be saved. The contract will be electronically distributed to the instructor, the student, and the Registrar’s Office at the end of the grading period. To change an incomplete grade to a final grade, you will need to submit a Grade Change form to the Registrar’s Office.
5. Save your work often, the final grade roster page has a 60 minute time limit. Even after saving your work, you will be able to make changes to your final grades until the final grade submission deadline—Monday, May 13th at 10:00 a.m. At that time, we will disable online grade submission, and prepare to release those grades to students. Students should be able to view their final grades online no later than Tuesday, May 14th.
6. Online final grade rosters will not be updatable after May 13th at 10:00 a.m. A Grade Change form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office to enter or change a grade after the deadline.
Last Dates of Attendance
To help our Financial Aid Office determine future financial aid eligibility, we ask that you enter last dates of attendance for students who have never attended or who have stopped attending your classes, but have not formally withdrawn from them. So, in addition to submitting final grades for your students, we ask that you include last dates of attendance as described below for students who have never attended, or who have stopped attending your class(es). While entering last dates of attendance, please note the following:
1. For students who have never attended, and have not withdrawn (see the registration status column), please enter the following date: 3/11/2013.*
2. For students who stopped attending, and have not withdrawn, please enter the last known attendance date. If you do not know a student’s last date of attendance, please enter the following date: 3/12/2013.*
3. You only need to enter a date for those students who have never attended, or have stopped attending your class.
*Since only dates can be entered in this field, we chose to use these dates to tell us that either a student has never attended or that the last date of attendance is unknown.
Tutorial and Individual Training
To view a short tutorial on how to enter grades and last dates of attendance, click here.
We are glad to provide individual training for anyone needing it; just stop by or contact the Office of the Registrar to make arrangements—105 Heth Hall, 831-5271.