Policies & Contact Info
Fitness Leadership Team
- Liz Greenlee, Assistant Director for Wellness/Fitness - firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-831-7772
- Nate Ogden, Personal Trainer Supervisor - email@example.com
- Brianna Collins, Group X Supervisor, Marketing Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logan Reynolds, Group X/Fitness Assistant Supervisor - email@example.com
- Michael Jensen, Fitness Specialist Supervisor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chloe Hughes, Marketing Manager - email@example.com
FITWELL GENERAL POLICIES
- FitWell programs and services are created to meet the needs of the students at Radford University.
- All participants in Group X and Personal Training Services must be affiliated with Radford University.
- By participating in our programs, services, and events, you are questions. If you answer "Yes" to any of the questions, please fill out a medical release form and turn it in to Liz Greenlee in the SRWC.
- Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only perform physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you feel pain in your chest when you perform physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not performing any physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing any medication for your blood pressure or for a heart condition?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not engage in physical activity?
- As a part of the Department of Student Recreation and Wellness, the FitWell program area abides by the SRW Policies, Facility Policies, and University policies.
Group X Policies
- All classes are held in the Student Recreation & Wellness Center (SRWC). Only SRWC members will be able to take these classes. All Radford University students are members of the SRWC. Faculty/Staff can purchase memberships at our office.
- In order to reserve your spot for a Group X class, you can use the Rec*IT Fitness app or go to www.imleagues.com to sign up for a class. You do not have to sign up in order to attend the class, but it will reserve your spot so you are guaranteed access.
- You must be in good standing with the SRWC and be an active Radford University student in order to sign up or attend any of the Group X classes.
- Space is limited to the size of the room or the amount of equipment available.
- All instructors have passed an audition, hold a fitness certification, or have been teaching for more than 1 year at the SRWC.
- If the class is full, you have the option of being added to our waitlist. At the start of the class, anyone not in attendance will forfeit their spot and the waitlisted participants will be allowed to enter the class in a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Make sure to check in with the Group X Assistant to claim your spot in a class prior to entering the room.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start of class to ensure entry and sufficient time to set up any necessary equipment. Late entry will not be permitted after 5 minutes from the start of class for safety reasons. It is unsafe to attend a class without an appropriate warm-up.
- Please wear appropriate athletic attire and footwear. Open-toed shoes, sandals, boots, dress shoes, or shoes with marking soles are not permitted. It is highly recommended that participants wear cross-training type shoes to protect from injury. Shoes are not required for mind/body classes.
- Please bring a water bottle to class to stay hydrated. Participants are welcomed and encouraged to bring their own yoga mats, towels, cycle clips, etc. when attending class.
- Opened drinks other than water are not permitted in the studios.
- Please respect the instructor by following enforced policies. Unruly participants can be asked to leave at the instructor's discretion.
- All classes, instructors, locations, and times are subject to change due to low attendance, special events, or inability to secure an instructor.
- Know your body and take the class at your own pace. This is your workout; do not continue a movement if you feel pain. Most importantly, enjoy it and HAVE FUN!