CEHD recognizes top students
Radford University's College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) recognized and honored many of its students during the college's eighth annual awards ceremony on May 6, in the Bonnie Hurlburt Auditorium.
Awards were presented to outstanding students in Appalachian Studies; Counselor Education; Health and Human Performance; Recreation, Parks and Tourism; and the School of Teacher Education and Leadership.
Also recognized were six students who recently received the Hattie M. Strong Foundation Scholarship, students who participated this spring in the annual Teachers of Promise Institute in Richmond and students who served as college ambassadors.
“Today we honor and applaud our students for their perseverance, their rigor, their collaborative efforts and their desire to choose careers that connect them with other human beings and aid in transforming others through their chosen disciplines and fields,” said CEHD Dean Kenna Colley.
- Students recognized at the ceremony:
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International Virginia Scholars Award: Elizabeth Andrus
- Teachers Promise: Hillary Buhl, Amanda Coburn, Ashley Ferrara, Erika Paz, Rachael Spearman and Christina Willis.
- Virginia State Reading Association Ambassadors: Olivia Aiken and Alison Whitacre.
- Hattie M. Strong Foundation Scholarship recipients: Desirae Abbott, Lauren Blakenship, Charles Brady, Kaitlyn Hall, James Lewis and Reuben Miller.
- Outstanding Student in Appalachian Studies: Victoria Curtis
Outstanding Students in Counselor Education
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Philip Estepp
- Master of Science in School Counseling: Bridgette Wanzer-McCoy
- Outstanding Student in Counselor Education: Melissa Howell
Outstanding Students in Health and Human Performance
- Athletic Training: Robert Adams
- Fitness, Strength and Conditioning: Kyle Gonzalez
- Health Education and Health Promotion: Emily Poff
- Physical and Health Education: James Lewis
- Sport Administration: Brianna O’Hara
- Sports Medicine: Jordan Janney
- Nutrition and Dietetics: Delbert Herald
- Overall Outstanding Student in HHP: Delbert Herald
Outstanding Students in Recreation, Parks and Tourism
- Outdoor Recreation: Katherine Tanner
- Recreation Therapy: Shelby Koch
- Tourism and Special Events: Marie Gunville
- Overall Outstanding RCPT Student: Yosef Bruer
Outstanding Students in the School of Teacher Education and Leadership
- Student Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education: Kristian Carden
- Undergraduate Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education: Jordan Watson
- Master of Science Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education: Aiyani Seaman
- Undergraduate Student Special Education General Curriculum: Alexandra Morgan
- Master of Science Special Education General and Adapted Curriculum: Lori Blackwell
- Student Elementary Education: Danielle Allen
- Student in Secondary Mathematics: Amanda Coburn
- Student in Secondary Social Science: Ellen Northrup
- Student in Middle School: Ashley Riedell
- Overall Outstanding Student-Undergraduate: Ashley Riedell
- Master of Science in Mathematics Education: Christina Nowlin
- Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction: Katie Bagwell
- Master of Science in Educational Leadership: Joseph Robers
- Master of Science in Literacy Education: Katherin Sterne