New electronic newsletter will keep "RU Connected"
Radford University's mission is to educate and inform. Not only does that include students, it includes you, our faculty and staff. You are already familiar with the weekly publication RU Today that focuses on campus happenings. RU Today comes out twice a month in the summer and weekly during the school year. Its alumni news counterpart, e-News, is currently distributed monthly.
We are excited to announce that we will soon be rolling out a new electronic newsletter that brings the campus and alumni news together. Its name speaks for itself – RU Connected.
The revised format has been designed keeping your needs and schedule in mind. RU Connected will offer a quick look at the latest campus and alumni news in a more easily searchable format.
Anyone currently subscribing to RU Today or the alumni electronic newsletter will receive RU Connected beginning August 1. Similar to existing newsletters, a link will be provided in RU Connected should readers desire to not receive future editions.
As we work on our first edition, we are excited about how this new format will enhance your RU experience.
What are the highlights of the new design? Just to name a few:
- Everything is under one roof with a simple, but uniquely designed, format.
- All RU news and events will be contained within one newsletter.
- A calendar of events will be featured that is tailored for campus, athletic, performing arts and alumni specific interests, helping you keep an open date for RU events.
- We will have profiles on the people you know and some you have yet to meet.
- Concerned about sustainability? Learn the latest news about RU's sustainability efforts.
- Our College of Visual and Performing Arts has a reputation for bringing the best of the best in entertainment to campus. Check the arts calendar; there'll be something for everyone. Remember: RU faculty and staff get discounts at most campus events!
- We've got a lot of Highlander fans and the RU Athletics section will keep you informed on team and individual player achievements, the schedule, scores and more.
- Alumni will have an easier way to keep track of events near them and keep up-to-date on plans for anniversary and homecoming celebrations.
Get Connected. Stay connected. Coming to your inbox August 1!