Board of Visitors holds quarterly meeting
The Radford University Board of Visitors held its quarterly meetings on Jan. 28-29 in Richmond.
The board heard a report and recommendations from Furman University President Rodney A. Smolla, consultant to the Radford University Faculty Senate, regarding the university's current internal governance structure.
The board also heard a presentation by Peter Eckel, vice president for governance and leadership programs at the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB) on governance matters that are pertinent to all public universities. Radford University is a member of the AGB.
President Penelope W. Kyle reported to the board on significant campus events and developments that had occurred since the board’s previous meeting, in November, and on major events that are upcoming.
The board also heard reports from:
- Faculty Senate President Laura Jacobsen, faculty representative to the board.
- Student Government Association President Emily Redd, student representative to the board.
- Darius A. Johnson, chair, Business Affairs and Marketing Committee.
- Brandon Bell, chair, Academic Affairs Committee.
- Sandra C. Davis, vice chair, University Advancement and Alumni Relations Committee.
- Georgia Anne Snyder-Falkinham, board of visitors liaison to the Radford University Foundation Inc.
The board approved the following recommendations:
- Provisions for faculty professional development leaves.
- Amendments to the Teaching and Research Faculty Handbook.
The next meeting of the Radford University Board of Visitors will be May 8-10 on the university campus.
Minutes from the Jan. 28-29 board and committee meetings will be available on the RU Board of Visitors website.