Chapters and Contacts
No other volunteer opportunity has the ability to reach more alumni than our chapter volunteers! Chapters and contacts are a wonderful way to bring alumni and friends together to share their Radford University enthusiasm, support and strengthen the university, recruit students and develop networking opportunities.
- Become a chapter officer or contact
- Help with organizing chapter events
- Support the admissions efforts in your area
- Attend social and educational functions with other dedicated alumni
- Participate in projects that benefit your community
- Network with other professionals
- Support a scholarship for a student in your area to attend Radford University
- Assist with career internships and jobs; and more
Please contact a chapter volunteer if you are interested in getting involved. If you are interested in starting a new chapter or have other questions about volunteering, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org. See a list of chapters and RU contacts.
Class Representatives are an integral component of every reunion! These dedicated alumni help raise awareness around Reunion Weekend activities and help their respective classes achieve their goals. The time commitment is minimal, and your efforts as a Class Representative truly will make a difference.
Affinity groups allow alumni to connect with each other based on a shared experience at Radford University. They have a common connection such as fraternities, sororities, majors, honor organizations, religious organizations, service clubs or sports teams. The Alumni Association will help your group establish an affinity group.
If you are interested in volunteering for class and/or affinity reunions, contact Sandra Bond at email@example.com.
As a volunteer, you will assist Radford University alumni and students in exploring careers, finding internships and locating job opportunities. If you are interested, contact Career Services at (540) 831-5373 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You could assist Career Services efforts by:
- Serving as a mentor for current students
- Discussing your career field with interested students/or other alumni
- Participating as a guest speaker in the Alumni Career Speaker Series, held every fall
- Serving as a contact for hiring students/or other alumni within your company
- Serving as a career host for students interested in observing your field
- Encouraging your company to sponsor an intern from Radford University
- Providing employment leads to be posted into the new “Hire a Highlander” employment database for Radford University students and alumni
- Promoting Radford University to other companies as a great place to recruit on campus or participating in annual career fair events
Alumni Representing Radford Inaugurations
President Kyle is invited to numerous university and college presidential inaugurations. When she is unable to attend, the Alumni Association invites alumni to represent Radford on her behalf. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the alumni volunteers who have represented Radford University in the past.
If you are interested in volunteering for representing Radford University at inaugurations, contact Sandra Bond at email@example.com.