This page serves as a gateway to resources related to the different components of the Scholar-Citizen QEP. The site is an ongoing work-in-progress and will continue to be populated with links to presentation materials, research and bibliographies, and pedagogical materials.
The materials provided below are intended to help faculty, students, and staff at Radford University learn more about the scholarship of engagement and the techniques we can implement in our classrooms and in our various roles as club and student advisors, mentors, and student advocates. Please check back frequently as this page will be updated throughout the semester with information regarding grants, deadlines, upcoming conferences and webinars, and additional resources for your use as you consider developing a Scholar-Citizen course, proposing an "SC" co-curricular event, or in some other way becoming involved with the Scholar-Citizen initiative.
Guides and Worksheets
Activity pack (PDF) (contributed by Ann Roberts, CEHD) with lesson ideas for:
- Evaluating beliefs and values (bomb shelter activity)
- For establishing groups/teams (secret share)
- For helping students connect with real-world issues (4 walls)
- For gauging interest in the SCI
- High-Impact Educational Practices
- Ash, Sarah L., & Clayton, Patti H. (2009). Generating, deepening, and documenting learning: The power of critical reflection in applied learning. Journal of Applied Learning in Higher Education, 1, 25-48. Retrieved on September 30, 2011.
- Critical Reflection Idea Bank from UNCW
- Pedagogies of Engagement: Classroom Practices (PDF)
- Reflective Judgement Model (PDF)
- ePortfolio: Know Your Learners (PDF of email from Tomorrow's Professor)
- Critical Thinking Activities (PDF)
- Develop an Internship (PDF)
Assessment Tools and Rubrics
- What is "assessment"? (Word)
- Community Partner Pre-Assessment (PDF)
- Community Partner Post-Experience Assessment (PDF)
- SC Student Learning Outcome (to be used for programmatic assessment and by faculty as they design their courses) (Word)
- Evaluation of Funding Proposals (used by the Grants Subcommittee) (PDF)