The Mission of the Academic Affairs Division at Radford University is to create a challenging, supportive, and engaging educational culture that is anchored in the liberal arts tradition and is ethically responsive to the needs of the 21st century global society.
In fulfillment of this Mission, the division aims to:
- Facilitate partnerships in excellence between faculty and students with a view to:
- Sharing, interpreting, and creating knowledge; involving students in scholarly and creative activities; challenging students to apply knowledge to a variety of contemporary problems; and
- Using information and instructional technologies as catalysts for learning; and instilling in students excitement about lifelong learning through continued critical inquiry and discovery characterized by rational thinking and clear expression.
- Enable our faculty to engage in exemplary teaching, research and creative scholarship, and service, marked by excellence in design and delivery; and
- Allow our support staff to be practitioners of excellence in aiding the pursuits of faculty and students in a manner reflective of the highest degree of professionalism.