As representatives of Radford University, the Parent Orientation Guides (POGs) will work closely with the New Student Programs staff to assist in the delivery of Quest programs for parents of incoming RU students.
Fall Semester 2014
- Participate as an evaluator in the QA Group Process, tentatively scheduled for early November.
Spring Semester 2015
- Attend POG spring training, dates and times to be determined.
- Begin to plan Quest parent sessions with appropriate university administrators.
- Participate in Quest Training.
- Work as an integral team member and reference for 2015 Quest Assistants.
- Participate in and provide peer leadership during activities with Quest Assistants after each Quest session.
- Serve as the primary contact person and guide for parent groups throughout Quest, escorting them to and from sessions while answering questions as an official representative of RU.
- Assist with NSP office operations throughout training and during Quest, including preparing for upcoming Quest sessions after each session is completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Welcome and greet parents and students during check-in and opening welcome.
- Present the RU experience to parents during program sessions in collaboration with university administrators.
- Serve as primary presenters in “Ask the POGs” session for parents.
- Collaborate in the creation of informative parent presentations.
- Complete RA and on-call duties in residence halls where parents reside during Quest.
- Greet and socialize with parents in the evening at the parent social event.
- Must have formerly served as a Quest Assistant.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application.
- Must be willing to refrain from enrolling into Summer I, II or III classes. Maymester classes may be allowed if the training schedule permits; however, prior approval is required.
- Must possess the ability and desire to communicate and work with parents of RU students.
- Must exhibit professionalism, clear communication skills, customer service abilities, intrinsic motivation, and a work ethic reflective of full-time staff committed to Quest and its success.
- On-campus lodging and campus meal plan beginning with Quest training and concluding with the final Quest session.
- Payment of at least $1,500, with the final amount determined in conjunction with Human Resources.