Systems Operations Committee
The Systems Operations Committee (SOC) acknowledges and accepts shared responsibility for the standardization, upgrade/maintenance support, adherence to standards, systems, processes and development of policies and procedures for security of administrative data. The committee:
- encourages open communication and information sharing for issues, concerns, enhancements, and information that apply to functional offices, business processes, and administrative systems and data of Radford University.
- serves as an advisory group pertaining to new administrative projects and systems that significantly impact functional offices and business processes of the university.
- coordinates institutional resources (primarily project scheduling and personnel) to implement, integrate, upgrade, secure, test and support administrative systems.
- reviews and prioritizes requests from the university community for enhancements of administrative systems to measure the impact of recommended changes on all areas.
- reviews and recommends policies related to administrative systems.
- continually identifies, reviews, evaluates, and enhances training needs and opportunities provided to the university community.
- supports, implements, and communicates group decisions and policies to respective university departments and organizations.
- collaborates with other committees and groups such as Data Standards to communicate administrative policies and processes as well as to solicit feedback to improve systems and processes.