Preparing today's professionals to meet tomorrow's challenges.
Radford University is delivering Innovative Mobile Personalized Accelerated Competency Training (IMPACT): a competency-based education (CBE) workforce development program focused on cybersecurity.
What makes IMPACT unique
- Curriculum designed for professionals by professionals
- Improve employee effectiveness
- Accommodating busy working individuals
- Structured, self-paced courses
- Delivered asynchronously online
- Designed to improve knowledge retention and skill application
- Content and delivery embeds learning sciences, analytics, scenario-based learning and gamification principles
- Virtual testing lab for each student
- Collaborative environment to support networking with experts and students
- Meet 5 out of the 7 Domains of the DoD 8140 directive
IMPACT Cybersecurity Certifications
- Directly aligned with industry standards:
- National Institute for Science and Technology (NIST)
- National Institute for Cyber Education (NICE)
- Focused on professional certification exams:
- SANS GIAC
- SANS GCIH
- SANS GPEN
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- CISCO CCENT
What is comptency-based education (CBE)
Competency-based education (CBE) is a training approach that uses the assessment of student learning as credit for education rather than a measurement of credit hours or seat time.
CBE decouples learning from time-based models, such as three-hour courses and 14-week semesters that use the Carnegie Unit as a metric for learning.
The most effective and scalable CBE approach uses an online platform to deliver asynchronous, self-paced learning modules aligned with workplace competencies.
For any questions, you may also contact Matt Dunleavy, Ph.D., executive director of IMPACT, at email@example.com or 540-831-7168.