Honors Course Registration Overview
Registration for honors courses can only be done by the Honors Academy office staff. Students cannot register for them through the MyRU Portal. Pre-registration for the next semester's honors courses occurs on a first-come, first-served basis on the Sunday evening before the regular registration times begin. The current list of honors courses can be found here.
In preparation for honors course registration, it is important to make an appointment with your academic advisor. Bring a list of the honors courses with you to that meeting so that you can make the most effective course selections (and avoid courses that are not appropriate for your major!).
How to Register for Honors Courses
- Using the advising progress sheet for your major and DegreeWorks (in MyRU), determine which types of courses you should take next semester.
- Make sure that you are staying on track with Honors Requirements.
- Using the Class Schedule in MyRU, determine which of the above courses are offered next semester (the honors courses are also summarized here for your convenience).
- Always have a back-up course in case the course you want fills or is cancelled!
- Make an appointment to meet with your advisor and confirm your registration date.
- Your advisor's name (or advising center) can be found in DegreeWorks
- Your registration date can be found on your Academics tab in MyRU. Phase I registration should be April 3rd if you are an active honors student in Spring 2013.
- Bring your advising sheet and planned courses to your meeting with your advisor. Make sure to tell your advisor that you are an honors student! Make sure to get your registration "pin number" (and don't lose it!).
- On Monday, April 1st from 5pm-8pm sign-ups for honors courses will occur in the Honors Academy offices (167 Floyd Hall). Our office will add these courses to your schedule.
- Beginning on Wednesday, April 3rd you will register yourself for non-honors courses. You will need the registration pin number given to you by your advisor.
CLICK HERE FOR