Honors Course Registration Overview
Beginning in Fall 2013, active honors students can now register for honors courses using the MyRU portal (the same way you register for other courses). Active honors students should have a registration time that is no later than the Wednesday of the first week of registration. The current list of honors courses can be found here.
In preparation for honors course registration, it is important to make an appointment with your academic advisor. Bring a list of the honors courses with you to that meeting so that you can make the most effective course selections (and avoid courses that are not appropriate for your major!).
If you have ANY questions about the registration process, please contact our honors advisors or Dr. Christensen to make an appointment.
How to Register for Honors Courses
- Using the advising progress sheet for your major and DegreeWorks (in MyRU), determine which types of courses you should take next semester.
- Make sure that you are staying on track with Honors Requirements.
- Using the Class Schedule in MyRU, determine which of the above courses are offered next semester. The class schedule system will now allow you to select only honors courses if you use the Advanced Search and "Attribute Type" function (the honors courses are also summarized here for your convenience).
- Always have a back-up course in case the course you want fills or is cancelled!
- Make an appointment to meet with your advisor and confirm your registration date.
- Your advisor's name (or advising center) can be found in DegreeWorks
- Your registration date can be found on your Academics tab in MyRU. Your date should be no later than Wednesday of the first registration week.
- Bring your advising sheet and planned courses to your meeting with your advisor. Make sure to tell your advisor that you are an honors student! Make sure to get your registration "pin number" (and don't lose it!).
- Beginning on Wednesday (or sooner) of the first registration week you will register yourself for both honors and non-honors courses. You will need the registration pin number given to you by your advisor. There should be plenty of space in almost all of your non-honors courses. However, many honors courses fill-up early so get started as soon as your time window opens.
CLICK HERE FOR