All students are required to register online.
Humanities students will select two core courses from the list on the Humanities Registration site. Enrollment in these courses is limited, and it will be assigned on a first-come-first served basis. Once a course is full, no other spots will be available. Each course is taught during the first block and during the second block, so keep this in mind when registering.
Visual and Performing Arts students will not need to choose classes; you will be assigned to classes based on your arts discipline.
All students must register online no later than June 5. This information is required to assign housing and to enroll you in your courses. The site will open on May 31 and will close on June 5 at 11:59 p.m.
The following items must be on file with the Governor’s School before you arrive on June 24.
- Student Medical Information Form (Word) - Complete the form and attach a copy of your driver’s license (front and back), your medical insurance card (front and back), and your prescription card (front and back).
- Authorization for Administering Prescription Medication (PDF) - Complete one form and have your doctor’s signature for EACH prescription medication you will take during the Governor’s School.
- Parent/Student Contract and Release Form (PDF) - You and your parent/guardian must sign this form.
- $175 Activity Fee - Make checks payable to Radford University. There is also an option to pay this fee online with a credit card when you register. In cases of financial hardship, please contact Marti Hale, Director, at (540) 831-7828 or email@example.com.
- Teacher Nomination Form (PDF) – Include the teacher's mailing address.
- Summer program fee waiver reques (PDF)
- Course Content Waiver Form (PDF) – All students are required to have a parent or guardian sign this form.
These forms and your $175 fee must be returned to the Governor’s School no later than June 10th to ensure your participation in the program. The forms may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or they can be mailed to:
Marti Hale, Director
RU Governor’s School
P.O. Box 7022
Radford, VA 24142.