Residential Summer Counselors
The Governor's School at Radford University seeks highly motivated individuals to serve as residential summer counselors.
All counselors must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must submit to a background check
- Must be willing to live on campus (in a residence hall) June 24 - July 21
- Must attend training from June 18-23
- Supervise sixteen or seventeen rising high school juniors and seniors. This includes dining with the students, making sure they get to classes and scheduled activities on time, and being the first point-of-contact for any issues or problems that may arise.
- Help organize and run extra-curricular activities
- Must be willing to work with groups of students to facilitate a service learning project.
- 1.5 hours of instructional assistance per day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Governor's School counselors must be energetic, socialable, and must enjoy working with teens. Counselors must also be flexible and must demonstrate an ability to think and act quickly.
To apply, Fill out the Google Survey at:
https://goo.gl/forms/9Er9PDjbgaeavqCe2 AND email a resume (with 3 references) to:
Dr. Wayne Gallops - Director, Residential Governor's School for the Visual & Performing Arts and Humanities at Radford University at firstname.lastname@example.org