Standard of Conduct
You have been chosen to represent your high school and county; this is a distinguished honor. Please act as an ambassador for your school and the Commonwealth of Virginia while attending Governor’s School. Failure to comply with any of the following will result in immediate dismissal from the program:
- You may not possess or use alcohol or illegal drugs.
- You may not use or possess any tobacco product.
- You may not leave campus at any time without permission.
- Students must not possess firearms or weapons of any type.
- You may not leave the residence hall after hours at night.
- You may not visit residential areas of the opposite gender without prior approval; bedrooms are off limits.You may not visit other residence halls occupied by other groups on campus.
- You must be in the residence halls during designated times.
- You may not prop open exterior residence hall doors, or tamper with fire alarms or equipment.
- You may not use or possess your cell phone other than the designated times.
- You may not invite a non-Governor’s School guest to visit you on campus.
- Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated (not limited to physical, verbal, or cyber).
You are expected to comply with the following guidelines:
- You must be in your residence hall and on your floor by 9:30 p.m. and remain in your room between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m., unless you have an emergency or there is an emergency in your building.
- Protect yourself and your belongings by locking your residence hall door at night and any other time you are absent from the room.
- You must participate in all scheduled activities and arrive on time. In the event of an illness notify your resident counselor immediately.
- When walking at night or off campus, you must travel in groups and remain with your residence counselor.