Direct Loan Exit Interview
Who is required to complete an exit interview?
All students who have received any FFELP Stafford Loan funds or Federal Direct Loan funds are required to complete a Direct Loan Exit Interview. There are several conditions that could cause the Financial Aid Office to request that you complete an exit interview.
- You have previously received funds and are currently enrolled less than half time
- You have withdrawn from all classes at the university
- You are graduating from Radford University
You will receive an email request from the Financial Aid Office to complete an Exit Interview, it is very important that you complete this process so you have an understanding of your loan totals and your repayment options. Students who do not complete the exit interview will not be eligible for future financial aid.
How do I complete the exit interview?
In an effort to provide students with the most accurate federal loan information exit interviews are now hosted by the National Student Loan Database (NSLDS). You will want to ensure that you have the following information readily availble before attempting to complete the exit interview
- Social Security Number
- Driver's License or State Issued ID Number
- Federal Student Aid PIN (used to electronically sign your FAFSA)
- Contact information for student's parent/guardian
- Contact information for 2 references who live in the United States
- Contact information for future employer (if known)
- Radford's University School Code - 003732
The exit interview will take approximately 30 minutes to complete, and it must be completed in one session. If you start the process and do not complete it you will not be able to save a portion, you will be required to start from the beginning when you sign in again.
There is a short quiz at the end of the Exit Interview that you will have to take to complete and pass 70% of the questions in order to satisfactorily satisfy this requirement. Once the interview is completed, the results of your successful Exit Interview will be sent to RU's Financial Aid Office automatically.
Go to NSLDS Exit Counseling