Procedure for Placing Items on Surplus
- Surplus property Form, PU19 can be obtained online for items to be turned in as surplus property.
- Complete items #1 through #11 of the PU19 form for each item or small group of like items. For example, a set of six stacking chairs may be on one form, but two computers must be on separate forms.
- Each form is to be approved by the Dean/Director. This is to ensure that the property if surplus to the entire department.
- Forward the completed forms to Warehouse Services, P.O. Box 6886.
- Surplus items will be retained by the department. Warehouse Services will arrange to have the property picked up. Items should be picked up within 2 to 3 weeks of receipt of form. Larger items or large quantities of items will take longer to pick up. Surplus property WILL NOT BE PICKED UP until the PU19 form is completed and forwarded to Warehouse Services.
- Items that are declared surplus may be viewed by other departments on campus. Departments desiring to view surplus property may do so by making an appointment with Warehouse Services. Items in surplus may be transferred to other departments at any time. Transfer of items is usually at no cost.
- Warehouse Services maintains a list of items that departments are looking for but are not available currently in surplus. If the item becomes available the department is contacted to determine if the need still exist for the item.
- Auctions are normally held twice a year at Radford University to dispose of surplus property. All departmetns are advised when these auctions are scheduled.
- Any questions about surplus property may be addressed to Warehouse Services at 831-5342.
NOTE: RU departments are reminded that it is their responsibility to remove all working files before turning computers in for surplus.