This intensive three-day leadership academy will allow newly elected campus leaders and their advisors - from Student Government and other organizations having campus-wide impact at your college or university - to share ideas and solutinos, receive training and personal consultations from current Student Affairs Vice Presidents, Deans of Students, and invited leadership experts. The academy will also promote intentional team development and synergy in planning among a cross section of student leaders and advisors from each campus. Finally, the academy will facilitate networking with peers from colleges and universities across the Commonwealth of Virginia. This is a working conference stressing group discussions and sharing of information, with facilitators who actively engage participants in generating solutions to shared issues and concerns.
Here's what you can expect:
- Specific leadership, team building, and skill development workshops and experiences
- Networkding with students and advisors from across the State of Virginia
- Private consulting on specific problems and issues
- Planned free time for recreational and team building activities
- Roundtables for specific subgroups of leaders (SGA, Program Boards, RHA, Greek, Multicultural, Student Media, etc.) with leaders and advisors
- Professional academy facilitators and speakers
- Interaction and networking with the Vice Presidents and Deans of Students from the participatnig colleges and universities.
The main objective for Virginia Leadership Academy (VLA) is to facilitate an exchange of ideas across a diverse group of Student Affairs and Student Leadership expersts to newly elected SGA and campus-wide leaders. The VLA will allow the newly elected leaders the opportunity to learn more about their elected positions and provide campus leaders with useful tools, contacts and networks to bring forth the confidence needed to effectively prepare for their new campus leadership roles.