Radford Inspiring Student Excellence for Underrepresented Populations or R.I.S.E. U.P. is a mentoring program that will provide support and guidance to first-year and transfer students as they transition to the campus community. To promote student growth and development, R.I.S.E. U.P. mentors (i.e., upper-class students) and mentees (i.e., first-year/transfer students) will cultivate positive peer relationships through a variety of curricular and co-curricular activities. R.I.S.E. U.P. will provide mentors and mentees with a warm, welcoming, and supportive experience that will enhance their social, academic, and cultural engagement at Radford University and beyond.
- To provide support and guidance to new students
- To foster positive peer relationships
- To provide curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities
- To enhance personal, academic, and cultural engagement
- To serve as a referral agent for personal/academic support services and to familiarize students with campus and community resources