College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Everyone interested in being a Theatre major is asked to complete an Entry Interview, including both new and transfer students. Whether you are most interested in acting, design, directing, technical theatre, theatre history, teaching, or ‘doing it all,’ the Entry Interview is an important beginning to a fulfilling college career. It is not an ‘elimination audition,’ but rather an opportunity to figure out where to start your studies with us, get to know our faculty and speak with current students. It will also help you find the right academic advisor, area of emphasis, and plan of study.
At your Entry Interview on the RU campus, you will meet with theatre faculty members and present examples of your work. Please dress as you would for a job interview and note the following special instructions for these areas of emphasis:
- students especially interested in performance or directing are asked to bring a memorized audition piece
- students especially interested in theatre design, technical theatre or management are asked to bring a portfolio with samples of your creative work
If you are a high school senior or a transfer applicant, please start making your plans to complete the admission application and to visit campus. You are welcome to schedule your interview even if you haven’t yet received notification of acceptance.
To help us better serve you, please complete our information request form with any additional comments or concerns.
Entry Interview Dates for the Class of 2020
The Department of Theatre and Cinema's Entry Interview dates for the Class of 2020 (incoming Fall 2016) are set! Those dates are October 17 and November 14, 2015, and in 2016 on February 27, April 2, April 16, and 30. Contact Department Chair Carl Lefko to schedule your entry interview. If you have a scheduling conflict with those dates please consult with Mr. Lefko for an alternate appointment.
Carl Lefko, Chair, Department of Theatre and Cinema: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (540) 831-5012