- Avoid rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings or any dangly jewelry. Stud earrings are acceptable.
- Long hair should be tied back or kept under a hat or otherwise kept from the face.
- T-shirts and jeans made from natural fabrics, such as cotton, are best. Do not wear worn or ripped clothing as it can cause potential injury.
- Wear closed-toed shoes, sneakers or preferably boots, and pants. Sandals, dress shoes or any other form of non-protective shoe is unacceptable.
If you fail to dress appropriately during shop hours, you will be asked to leave.
- NEVER use any tool unless you have been taught how to safely operate it.
- ALWAYS use eye protection.
- NO open toed shoes allowed in the scene shop.
- REMOVE or FASTEN any loose or dangly jewelry and clothing.
- LONG HAIR must be tied back or covered up.
- NO HORSEPLAY.
- DO NOT distract, startle, or talk to anyone using a power tool.
- ONLY use a tool in the manner it was designed. (Wrenches are NOT hammers!)
- NEVER walk away from a tool that is still turned on.
- ALWAYS use all of a tool’s safety guards and guides.
- NEVER attempt to use a tool that is broken.
- NOTIFY the shop foreman when you find a broken tool.
- ALWAYS clean up your workspace before moving on to a new project.
- CLEAN UP all spills immediately.
- KNOW the locations of ALL First Aid, Fire, and Safety Equipment.