College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Independent study courses are designed to permit students to investigate specific areas of interest under the direction of a faculty advisor.
An independent study course must be approved by the department prior to the deadline for registering for courses for the semester the course is to be taken. Following approval, it is the student's responsibility to officially register for the independent study by submitting the approved proposal to the Registrar’s Office by the deadline for adding courses.
Such courses are graded on a pass-fail, or letter grade basis, and students may take no more than six credit hours of independent study.
A student taking an independent study course for honors credit may receive a letter grade for it, providing they receive permission from the director of the Honors Academy before registering for the course.
A faculty member may offer a maximum of six credit hours of independent study per semester.