College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The Department of Music at Radford University offers Master of Arts and Master of Science degrees in Music. The M.A. program provides advanced study for musicians and music scholars in preparation of professional careers or doctoral study. The M.S. program provides advanced study and opportunities of music therapists to refine existing competencies and to attain new ones.
Request More Information
10 Reasons to Choose Music at Radford University
- Strength in numbers. Radford University graduate classes emphasize individualized attention in seminars designed to help students achieve their professional and personal career goals.
- Relevant instruction. Radford University Music Faculty are active professionals helping students to become highly competitive with individualized attention and relevant instruction aimed at preparing music professionals.
- National Standard of Excellence. All Music Programs are fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Exceptional classroom and performance facilities. The Covington Center for the Performing Arts holds a 300-seat recital hall designed by the same architects who designed the new performance space in Carnegie Hall. A 100% wireless campus. Classrooms equipped with state of the art computing and projection equipment. Three computer music studios.
- Real-life musical experiences. Composing, Conducting, Performing, Teaching, Writing, Presenting. The sky is the limit.
- Professional Connections. Faculty work to place students in an appropriate professional environment following graduation.
- Innovative Curriculum. Theses, recitals and directed studies are tailored to your individual goals, skills and career objectives. Students work closely with faculty to deliver projects that often serve as a spring board to more advanced work in the area of expertise.
- Support Network. Faculty and students work together as a learning community where the success of every member is important and the door of every faculty member is open for out-of-class discussion.
- Quality Living. Nestled in the blue ridge mountains of southwest Virginia, Radford University is located in beautiful surroundings, yet a short drive to major metropolitan areas.
- Value in Education. Low tuition rates make Radford University an even better value. Many graduate students receive tuition assistance and teaching fellowships to make living easier while preparing for the future of a lifetime.