For more information on each course, visit the class description on the Radford University Office of the Registrar's website.
Core Curriculum Requirements (43-45 credits)
See Core Curriculum.
Dance Core (37 credits)
Theory Requirements (18 credits)
- DNCE 310 - Study in Somatics
- DNCE 410 - Accompaniment for Movement (TH)
- DNCE 465 - Dance Production (TH)
- DNCE 470 - Methods of Teaching Dance (TH)
- DNCE 480 - History and Philosophy of Dance (TH)
- DNCE 481 - History and Philosophy of Dance (TH)
Technique Requirements (16 credits)
- Eight semester hours of modern dance technique courses
- Eight semester hours of classical dance technique courses
Composition Requirements (3 credits)
- DNCE 120 - Dance Improvisation
- DNCE 220 - Dance Composition
Dance Electives (9 credits)
All majors are required to complete nine additional semester hours of courses and may select courses from the following areas: technique, composition, and performance.
Electives (8-25 credits)
Students should consult their advisors in selecting elective courses to complete the 120 semester hours required for graduation.
B.A. Requirements (6-8)
This degree requires completion of the B.A. language requirements.
The B.A. degree requires completion of a minimum of two semesters of one language in a foreign/sign language program. Students will be placed in the appropriate level of their chosen language depending on their previous foreign language experience and on the placement examination results as determined by the Foreign Language department.
Courses used to meet Core Curriculum requirements may not be used to satisfy the B.A. requirements.
Total Credits Needed for Degree (120)