Core Curriculum Requirements (43-45 credits)
See Core Curriculum.
Dance Core (37 credits)
Theory Requirements (18 credits)
- DNCE 310 - Study in Somatics
- DNCE 410 - Accompaniment for Movement (TH)
- DNCE 465 - Dance Production (TH)
- DNCE 470 - Methods of Teaching Dance (TH)
- DNCE 480 - History and Philosophy of Dance (TH)
- DNCE 481 - History and Philosophy of Dance (TH)
Technique Requirements (16 credits)
- Eight semester hours of modern dance technique courses
- Eight semester hours of classical dance technique courses
Composition Requirements (3 credits)
- DNCE 120 - Dance Improvisation
- DNCE 220 - Dance Composition
Dance Electives (9 credits)
All majors are required to complete nine additional semester hours of courses and may select courses from the following areas: technique, composition, and performance.
B.S. Degree Requirements and Dance Education Certification (21 credits)
- HUMD 300 - Human Growth and Development: Birth through Adolescence
- EDEF 320 - Introduction to Professional Education
- DNCE 370 - Creative Dance for Children (TH)
- EDUC 453 - Student Teaching: Grades K-12
Electives (8-25 credits)
Students should consult their advisors in selecting elective courses to complete the 120 semester hours required for graduation.
B.A. Requirements (6-12)
This degree requires completion of the B.A. language requirements.
- Option 1:
Students with little to no foreign language background who are placed in a first-semester course by the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures may fulfill this requirement by taking the first three semesters (the first four in Spanish) of a foreign language for a total of 12 semester hours.
- Option 2:
Students with enough of a foreign language background to be placed beyond a first-semester course may fulfill this requirement by completing two courses above the first eight hours of language instruction (above nine in Spanish) for a total of 6 to 8 semester hours.
Total Credits Needed for Degree (120)