Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The Radford University Artis College of Science and Technology Summer Bridge STEM program is a week-long residential experience for rising sophomore, junior, and senior high school girls interested in science, technology, and mathematics.
The 2017 Summer Bridge took place July 9-14. Our next edition will be in July 2018 and applications will open in November 2017.
Thanks to many generous donors and sponsors of the program, full scholarships will be awarded competitively to participants. The scholarships cover all costs of the program for recipients.
Donors and Sponsors
- Areva Nuclear Power
- BAE Systems
- Dr. Cliff Boyd and Dr. Donna Boyd
- Lynchburg Community Trust
- Novozymes Biologicals
- Harry and Zoe Poole Foundation
Through classroom lessons, laboratory experiments, and field experiences, Radford University professors have helped to draw students in to the wonders of:
- Physics and Math
- Geology - study the making of mountains
- Forensic Science – combat “hackers” and analyze “crime scenes”
- Genes, Molecules and Medicine - learn about the biology and chemistry applications in medicine
- Environmental Science - studying habitats through examination of the environment
Areas studied include:
Astronomy and Space Exploration
Pollution and Climate
Rivers and Lakes
Study of Birds—Ornithology
Study of Tress and Tree Rings— Dendrochronology
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles/Drones
During the appilcation process, students will be able to select five favorite choices from the group curriculum options. Please review the curriculum options. You will be asked to choose your curriculum preferences on the application.
Scholarships to Summer Bridge are awarded competitively and cover the full cost of the program. Scholarship recipients will receive letters of acceptance after the application deadline.
Students who do not receive scholarships and want to participate in Summer Bridge, may have the option of paying $1250, the cost of tuition, room and board, to attend.
Participants are expected to share a room in on-campus housing (double occupancy). Roommates will be assigned.
Participants or participants’ parents/guardians are responsible for transportation to the Radford University campus on Sunday, July 9, 2017 and back home on Friday, July 14, 2017.
For more information about the program contact the Radford University Artis College of Science and Technology at 540-831-5958 or email email@example.com
The Radford University Artis College of Science and Technology Summer Bridge Program makes a major impact in the lives of participants.