College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Welcome to the Radford University Planetarium
We are closed for the holiday. We will re-open in January after the start of the spring semester of Radford University.
We hope you have a happy holiday!
- Location: Center for the Sciences room M75 (Main Street level). Enter through the doors from Parking Lot C. Click on the map for a larger image.
- All shows are free and everyone is welcome to come join us!
- Seating capacity: 55 visitors
- All shows include a tour of the nighttime sky using our full-dome projection system. Some shows will also have a full-dome, professionally produced show on an astronomical topic. The shows are described below.
- No reservations required for the Tuesday/Thursday 7pm shows, or the Saturday 10:30am shows. However, if you have a group of 35 or more please email/call ahead (24+ hours) to be sure there isn't another large group coming for the same show.
- We have hearing-assist receivers for our sound system--please bring your own earphones (1/16 inch [3.5mm] stereo jack).
- No food/drinks allowed in the planetarium!
For more information please contact Planetarium Director Dr. Rhett Herman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a Group Visit
During the regular semesters special showings may be arranged for groups with a minimum size of 20. If you have a group that would like to visit the planetarium, please contact Dr. Rhett Herman at email@example.com (email preferred) or 540-831-5441. Please note that we will try to accommodate these requests based on our availability for the date/time request.
No event found