Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Visit the Selu Observatory
The Selu Observatory is open to the public for viewing at 8 p.m. every CLEAR Friday when classes are in session during spring and fall semesters. View the academic calendar here for dates. If you are interested in visiting at another time, please call (540) 831-5828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no charge for public night viewing and the Observatory is open to anyone wanting to attend.
Directions to the Selu Observatory
- Turn at Comfort Inn Suites in Radford onto Lovely Mount Drive; proceed for 0.8 mile.
- Turn LEFT onto Dry Valley Road and cross the bridge over the interstate (I-81); proceed for 1.4 mile;
- Turn RIGHT onto Sale-Selu Lane.
The turn is easy to miss; portions of this road are unpaved .
Follow the road to the end, where it will climb a hill and stop at the Selu Conservancy retreat center. The building that looks like a barn with a silo houses Selu Observatory.
Download a printable map (PDF).