College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Museum of the Earth Sciences welcomes 20,000th guest
A major milestone was reached on September 12, 2013 as the Radford University Museum of the Earth Sciences welcomed its 20,000th guest during the first of several "Science Days" for fall semester. The museum has been open since October 2006 and was the brainchild of RU Associate Professor of Geology and Director of the Museum, Dr. Steve Lenhart.
This facility is unique in that it is a wonderful teaching tool for use in geology classes, but also exists to help stimulate the intellectual curiosity of the larger community as they view the world around them in a new light.
Students of all ages benefit from the museum's offerings as they are utilized as a resource for K12 education across the region in addition to the university level instruction on-campus.
Many thanks are given to all the faculty, staff, students, community volunteers and guests who have helped the museum reach 20,000.
Visit the museum online anytime or in person in Curie Hall room 143 at the following times:
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 2-4 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month: 10 a.m.- noon